Our new home

Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Birthday to my family!

Now that all the birthdays are done in my little family, I can breathe a little easier. I love having so many birthdays and we had fun parties for each one of them. But now its time for a break! So while I wait for next year's birthdays to get here (all too soon), here is a short summary of each birthday.


I'll start with Ashley's(and mine) as we were first in the lineup.
Ashley turned 3 and I turned 30 on April 29th.
While I was a little depressed about the whole thing I decided it was easy enough to put a 3 on Ashley's pony cake and a big Zero on my German Chocolate cake...We had family over for some good food (fish tacos made by Steve), cake and lots of fun! Ashley decided she absolutely LOVES ponies so that's what she got lots of. And me? I got 10th row tickets to Matchbox Twenty and a nice t-shirt to go with it. :)



Next came Jakob's on May 19th. He turned 7 and actually got to celebrate his birthday on three different days! On Friday the 16th we had a family party(my mom was in town) and had cake and pizza. He got a basketball standard to put up in our backyard - that he gets to share with everyone! I even bought myself a basketball to go along with it. :) It took a while for Steve set up but it was worth it because I'm very happy to finally have one!

On Monday(his actual birthday) we took ice cream sandwiches to school for him. The kids loved it! He had had a doctor's appointment morning so he was late for school and enjoyed the last couple of hours learning how to make origami!



The third party was on the last day of school. He'd wanted a friend birthday party and because I had Ethan only 3 days later, he had to wait a little longer. But finally the day arrived and he had cupcakes, corn dogs and video games. What more could any 7 year old boy want?!



Ethan was born on May 22nd, two weeks early and right in the middle of Jakob and Steve's birthdays! I was very happy to have him and it was sweet that as he was born, our doctor told him Happy Birthday! The whole experience was a great one and we're all very grateful for our little boy!



The kids love their little brother... sometimes a little too much. Their daddy took them to the museum and Thanksgiving Point gardens while Jakob was in school and I enjoyed my stay in the hospital I was happy to go home!





Steve turned 33 this year on May 25th. He insists age doesn't bother him. I guess it'll bother me enough for both of us... I wasn't up to making a nice dinner for him (having been home from the hospital for 3 days...) but he enjoyed making dinner for himself. I did make him a cake though. He wanted power tools so we got him two kinds of drills(one cordless, one with a cord) and the Indiana Jones trilogy. He was very excited! And he wants to me add that he did NOT use his new tools to drill holes in his Indiana Jones Trilogy. :)



Next comes Gavin turning 2 on July 5th. What a crazy weekend that was! That day I pretended like I felt great (mastitis is FUN) and went about making preparations for Gavin's birthday. We went to my sister Charlotte's house for a big party. It was all my family (except my brother who was watching over the farm in Idaho) and Steve's sister's family. We had hamburgers, took a CPR test(long story) and then did the cake, ice
cream and presents. Gavin loved it! Afterwards we did fireworks and went home. It was quite the birthday for little Gavin!!!


And last but not least is Andy. He turned 5 on July 18th. And believe me, he's been waiting for this day for 2 years!!! Ever since Jakob turned 5 and was old enough for kindergarten. Finally it came and we had a huge celebration for him! The Ellises let us use their yard and we had pools and slip n slides and water balloons(which I couldn't fill up fast enough!). He had a great time and was excited with all the transformers and everything else he got! I can't believe my children are gettin gso big so fast!!! I also can't believe I didn't get pictures from the party... But here are pictures of him with his cake.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I remember when Andy wanted to be five. How funny that it was two years ago - and here we are already!

Lots of fun birthdays. Jonathan's excited that you'll be here for his.