Ashley has recently decided that since she is going to be 4 this month she wanted to learn to read. She wants to be able to read the scriptures with Daddy at night. While that will be a while from now, she's working very hard. She's been using Teach Your Child To Read in 100 Easy Lessons (By Siegfried Englemann) and did 5 lessons this morning!
Anyway, so after each lesson they have the child write one or two letters. She was having a rough time with s's so Steve decided to teach her A instead. She wanted to know the other letters for her name. I wrote it out in capital letters and then had her try. She wrote it all out on the first try! And the second, and third and on and on. She still has a hard time with the 's' but I was SO happy my little girl is learning to write! The best part is that as I was scanning her first paper(down below), she came in and showed me the paper she wrote it on again - this time without a prompt to show her the letters!!! Yeah, she's still three... for 3 weeks more anyway. :) What a happy day for any mom or dad - and yes, I did burst into tears the first time she did it...

2 comments:
Wow good for her!! That is awesome! :D
Awesome with the long name, too! I used that book for my first. AWESOME!! I've loaned out my copy or my 2nd would be better on the way to reading. Instead, my second works off of STARFALL.COM. It's a sweet reading site. -M
Post a Comment