Since we needed a computer for our bookstore, we decided it was time to go for another computer(shhhh! don't tell our dear, old one!). After much deliberation we decided to go to Best Buy and look at the laptops there. We KNEW we didn't want Vista but that left us with one mini laptop to work with.
The first employee we talked to was 100% salesman who talked down to us and tried to get us to upgrade on EVERYTHING. I walked away because I was tired of it (and of course the kids can't resist finding every restroom in every store and needed a potty break). Luckily when I came back ready to look again, I found another guy back by the computers. He was GREAT. He knew what he was talking about, he didn't try selling us anything by shoving it down our throats and he was very friendly and personable. My kind of salesperson!
So what did we get? A MacBook!! We decided to ditch the PC and the need for Vista and all those problems and went for the Mac instead. So far I've loved it but I've had to relearn a lot of things. Its nice to be able to work on the computer while I'm in the living room with my kids instead of locking myself back in the back while the kids rip the house to shreds and have raisin fights... and yes that has happened.
Now to really use it for business and not just for fun. ;)
4 comments:
Conversion is a wonderful thing. Congratulations on switching to a computer that does what you want instead of what the software programmers want.
I testify that macs...
My brother swears by his mac.
I hate macs and shudder every time I'm forced to use one, that being said, I'm glad you got something you wanted and I hope it works out well for you.
Wow, mac user?! People who use them swear by them! :)
Post a Comment