Our new home

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Halloween

I LOVE Halloween. Its my favorite to decorate for and I'm excited to get out my sewing stuff and sew costumes - even if they also stress me out. :) But they always turn out better than I'd hoped which is great.
The first pictures are the decorating of the pumpkins - and I realized I have pictures of the finished products! Ashley painted her ENTIRE pumpkin so we had to wait a couple hours for it to completely dry before we could take it outside. They all had a blast. I gave Ethan a marker for his. :)

Steve was Scottish holding Ethan who was Squirt from Finding Nemo. The picture is a little dark but hopefully you can see his cuteness. Andy was Spiderman. Ashley was the red Fairy(Rosetta?) from Tinker Bell. That was one costume I fought with but LOVE the turn out! So does Ashley since she wears it all the time - I did get to wash it yesterday. :) Gavin was Diego and he was PERFECT for it. He loved being Diego and was surprised he didn't care that his blue shirt was an inside out shirt because usually he doesn't like that!! Oh and I was a Gothic Pregnant Mommy. Like my nose and lip ring? My kids didn't!! They were happy when I took them off. Jakob was a knight. His costume was a pain - which is funny since I thought it would be easy!! Doesn't work when the neck somehow gets sewn together!! It was fine when it was inside out, but as soon as I turned it the right way it was sewn together. So I plucked it all apart and did it MY way and it turned out awesome! If I do say so myself. :)






3 comments:

Montana at the Helm said...

Sounds like you guys know how to get into Halloween! Great costumes!

Kristen said...

Yes I like the cheery non-gothic Jaclyn too! =o)

Great job on the costumes!

Kristine said...

I seriously thought you had a joint in your mouth! Imagine my shock! Then I read the whole post :)