Our new home

Thursday, May 10, 2012

It's May??? Part two

Spring Break had just gotten over in my last post. So here we go with the next one.

Oh, except the "I went on an awesome date with Steve to Chef's Table, was caught staring at Dave Rose while trying to figure out who he was (I nodded at him to make me not look quite so psycho - maybe), then to Mirror Mirror which is my new favorite movie, and then went with my sister to go save my other sister from her broken down car in Salina" evening. It ended at 3:30 in the morning... But I'm glad I could help!

Monday morning, Gavin stayed home with Steve (and was not happy), Heidi went to her Aunt Charlotte's (and boy was she thrilled!!), and Ethan went to the dentist.  The poor boy's tooth had met his brother's leg over a month before and instead of having the color of the tooth improve, it had gotten a little darker.  I'd been worried about taking him but since he'd done so well with the eye doctor, I had hope this one would go well.
Gavin tried to be happy to stay home, but when it was time for me to leave, this is how I found him...
Poor tooth!! This was in March
I was thrilled with the appointment. Dr Hansen is an amazing dentist. He is great with kids (and we like him for ourselves) and makes sure they're at ease. His office has TV's in the ceiling so while Ethan was poked and prodded, he got to watch Toy Story. The only time he got upset was when they took his headphones off to get an x-ray...
He sat this way the ENTIRE time.

They'll have to take out the tooth (it's darker now) and they found a cavity. Poor boy! So he goes back in June and will get the cavity fixed. We'll see if he gets the other tooth taken out at the same time.

The next night we went to Hope of America. It was amazing. Jakob and several 5th graders in Utah County performed at the Marriott Center. It was great to hear the patriotic music. I got a little teary eyed a few times. I love my country.

Jakob was in the upper yellow part - somewhere in the middle.
The next weekend was our actual anniversary. Twelve years. Crazy! Anyway, Steve and I went to the Desert Star with some good friends and then out to dinner.  We also spent time with them in the mountains that weekend. It consisted of Steve watching the chicken cook while I chased Heidi from one side of the campsite to the other - over and over and over and over and over. The kids had a blast and we had great company. In between me running after Heidi...

That Monday, we got into full baseball mode. On Wednesdays we have four kids practicing all at once. Luckily three of them are on one field. The other practice is further away but we get to drive on unpaved roads to get there so that's pretty cool. I sit in the car with Ethan and Heidi while Jakob practices (Steve is with the others). They watch Netflix on my phone and I read a book. I'd get out to play but I'm usually afraid they'll blow away... Darn wind!

Anyway, that Saturday was busy busy. There were three baseball games that morning and I had to rush home to decorate a cake and finish decorating. I had an awesome friend that bought a pinata for me. I have no picture of it because I was the one holding the broomstick with the pinata on it and no one else was there to take photos.

Ashley's friends arrived and they had a great time. They played Snow White's poison apple (Like hot potato but with an apple), Jasmine's musical magic carpets (Like musical chairs), the pinata, and then they watched Barbie's Charm School. They ate yummy cake and opened presents. It turned out to be a lot of fun. The best was when my two older boys and their friends tried to crash the party and play the princess games.

This was supposed to be a castle cake...
While I was doing that, Steve went off to learn how to make Malaysian food. He made egg rolls and curry puffs that were A-MAZING.  He had a great time and he can't wait to go and learn more.

After the party girls left and Steve got home, our friends came to have dinner and play games. Their twin girls were at the party already so the rest of the family came over.  The tacos were yummy and the game was fun. Pirate's Cove is a favorite of my older boys and I enjoyed learning to play it. And getting throttled. We had to leave shortly after they left to grab a few groceries for the next day.

The next day was my birthday! And Ashley's. I love sharing with my girl. I curled her hair and my hair and then we opened presents. Ashley got a few things to decorate her room in Hello Kitty style along with a few other things and I got skates and books. The skates I've wanted since my other ones got stolen in 6th grade...
Ashley asked for a jewelry maker. 
Look at that adorable toothless smile. 
Both Beyonders (Brandon Mull) books and Target in Ties by Tristi Pinkston. YAY!
I was so excited for these! I even used them to pick Gavin up from school one day.
We went and enjoyed church before coming home to start on pizza. We made four pizzas, two pans of breadsticks, and my German Chocolate cake. My sister brought salad and my friends brought two more pizzas. And everything was GONE by the end of the night. One pizza went back with the Ellises but otherwise we ate everything. It was a lot of fun. Such a perfect birthday. :)

The next week went fast. I didn't expect it to because I was so excited for the following weekend but it really did fly. I had to take Ashley and Jakob to a well-child appointment (Jakob had other issues but he's fine), before getting home for Family Home Evening. Baseball practices went well and then it was time for me to go to LDS Storymakers. Which I'll blog about later.

One thing I forgot to mention earlier, was that we were able to get a Honda Pilot in March. I have been very much in love with this car since we got it!! We still use the van when we need a second car but otherwise I enjoy my Pilot.

No comments: