This week was the first week back after Christmas break. I worried the kids wouldn't get to school on time because they'd slept in throughout the break, but they were up and ready to go. I love that my kids love school!
I also love that they have such awesome friends to play with. Monday, I got a phone call from our friend, asking if Heidi could go play. They picked her up and took her there, giving me time to work. I ... mostly did. I got a few things done at least. We picked up the kids and then went back down to Heidi. She wasn't very happy that I picked her up when I did. She wanted to keep playing!
Ashley was doing much better after her pneumonia, and the kids played with their friends. That night we talked about goals and we all came up with resolutions. There some that were silly, and others that were very serious. It was great!
Here they are:
JAKOB - 10 pushups every day and add one each week, 25 sit-ups
ANDY - Shovel people’s driveways, GET ALL HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS IN ON TIME
ASHLEY - Work harder at obeying Mom and Dad. 5 pushups and 15 sit-ups
GAVIN - Not pick my nose, GET ALL HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS IN ON TIME
ETHAN - Help our animals
HEIDI - Learn to bake, write books
DAD - Finish the Book of Mormon (he is reading every single cross reference as he goes!), new exercise program
MOM - Write my blog every week, write more on author blog, exercise, more writing stuff
After that, we came up with the vegetables we wanted to grow in our garden. We'll see if we have enough space for everything they want ...
Pig
Cucumbers
Carrots
corn
pumpkin
strawberry
peanuts
cabbage
beans
peas
raspberries
blackberries
blueberries
grapes
Pinto beans
tomatoes
asparagus
watermelon
cantaloupe
onions
garlic
herb garden
Yard goals
GRASS
Sprinklers
Fence
Yes, they did want a pig on the list. It may happen. Just not planted in our garden.
On Tuesday I worked on my book (and played games) while the kids were at school. Afterward, the kids got the house cleaned up and got homework done so they could play with friends again. Jakob had wanted to go sledding, but as it was 45 degrees, the snow was melting.
The kids headed off for scouts that evening and Steve picked them afterward. Jakob got home before the rest of them because he ran.
On Wednesday, I kept working on my book while Heidi begged to play with her friend again. We definitely need to get them back together again!
We had Jason, Riley, and Emily over to play that evening. They had fun playing while I cleaned out my house looking for a necklace I wanted to give to Emily for her birthday. I didn't find the one I was looking for, but she picked out a different one instead.
Thursday was a crazy day. Right after school, Jakob had to stay for an ASL play that he was doing microphones and curtains for. We grabbed him, and then ate quickly before sending Ashley and Steve off to practice. As soon as they were done, I was dropped off at my Eagle Mountain Arts Alliance meeting, and then Steve took Jakob to his basketball practice. At that exact same time, I was also supposed to be at writing group AND I had a basketball open gym for our stake. Insanity!
The meeting was fun and we got a lot done. I'll be planning the writing workshop while the others work on their parts. It's going to be awesome.
Friday my friend, Jenna, talked me into going on a walk. We went all over the neighborhood and were gone for quite a while. I'm not even sure how far we walked but we enjoyed chatting. We'll go on walks at least once a week from now on.
Afterward we went to Cafe El Lago for lunch. It was delicious! Jenna mentioned we should probably not go out to dinner after every walk or it probably wouldn't do us much good to exercise. She has a point ...
After school Jakob stayed for a bit again and Andy took his bike home. We were going to go to the temple but it didn't work for the other couple. Instead, we went to the Ellises and had cake with them for their son's birthday. We had a great time talking and the cake was fabulous. Jakob was bummed he missed out because of the play.
Saturday was BUSY. Uh, like the rest of the week. Steve took Andy and Jakob over to the Ellises to clean out their barn. The pigs were killed there and then dragged into a truck ... and it made a big, bloody mess.
Afterward, we went to IKEA to pick out a few things, then to Cabelas, and then to Costco. The kids were mostly good, but it was nice to get home! We then took Ethan to his soccer game and he did awesome! He played well on offense, but then the second half he played goalie. He didn't let a single goal in until the last minute. That ball went in above his head. On the way home, he talked nonstop about how well he did and how much he loves playing goalie. All day today he's been watching goalie training videos. :) Jakob made us yummy eggs and french fries that we had for dinner. We watched a movie after that and then went to bed.
Today is my dad's birthday! Yay!! They flew home from Disney World and were happy to get back into the swing of things. I'm thankful for texts, emails, and phone calls so we could let him know how much we appreciate at him.
Also today, we found out that my uncle Kirby past away. :( He was fighting for his life for a couple weeks while on his mission in Peru. Today was the day he decided to go home. I didn't know him well, but I knew he was very, very good man. He treated my aunt and her kids with lots of love and did a lot of good. Before this they were in China, doing other service.
Church was wonderful and I got to learn about President Benson's life. The teacher asked about our parents and their influence, so I told her about my parents. She told me it sounded like their lives paralleled President Benson's. I'd have to agree.
Anyway, off to go have pizza. Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment