This week we started into basketball practice for all the kids. Or at least we thought that would happen. Andy's was canceled last the last minute because the coach was gone and his wife didn't know what to do for practice. Andy was totally bummed.
Anyway, back to Monday. After the kids were done with school, they played with their friends and made messes in our yard. The mud is terrible right now! Every shoe is covered.
That night, Ashley gave the lesson on Love at Home. She worked very hard on it and had the family read different verses.
While she was teaching, Heidi whispered to me that she had a game to play. Here are the rules:
1.You have to be quiet but it's not the quiet game.
2. And then you run away from the person, but it's not tag.
3. And you hide somewhere, but it's not hide-and-seek.
4. And it has to be indoors because it's not an outside game.
5. The girls are the orange applejacks, and the boys are the green applejacks.
Is it just me or does it seem like a riddle? Anyway, afterward, we actually cleaned so we could have our house clean for an appraiser to come in order to refinance our home.
Tuesday, I buried myself in edits. Lots and LOTS of edits. I'd been working on them for a while but really cracked down to get it done.
After school, Heidi, Ashley, and I loaded up and headed down to a photo shoot. It. Was. Awesome. Heidi got to dress up as several different princesses and get photos done for Little Dress Up Shop. She wasn't sure what to do for the first pose, but after that she got the hang of it and had a great time. She was Sleeping Beauty, Rapunzel (She was THRILLED when she got this dress to put on), Belle, Sleeping Beauty again, and it seems like there was one more ... Anyway, Ashley was begging to do it sometime too so we're going to see if she can be signed up.
When we headed out to the parking lot, a semi pulled in and parked right behind our van. As in, we couldn't get out. I had to go and knock on the window to have him move up a few feet just so we could get out. Thankfully he was nice about it and moved.
We got back in time for Gavin's pack meeting. He didn't win any awards, but they had a great time doing the obstacle course. Heidi was dressed in the princess dress she picked out for doing the shoot.
I stayed up really late that night working on edits. I was sure I would be done with them that night. But the pages just draaaaagged on. So I finally gave up that night and headed for bed. I won't say what time...
Wednesday was more of the same. School, being exhausted from lack of sleep, and lots of edits. Ethan had practice that night and he had a blast. He knows a lot of the kids on his team so he was super excited about that. He keeps asking when his first game is.
While Andy was at practice with him, Steve and I went to a church meeting to get things organized for a family history challenge for the stake. Well, for our ward, but the challenge is at stake level. I'm excited to get everything going.
That night I finally finished the edits. Woohoo! I was exhausted but it got done. We'll see how well I actually did when the editor gets to that part.
Thursday poor Ethan stayed home with a fever. He'd complained of a headache or just being tired for a couple days, but that morning he woke up not feeling well. He and Heidi watched Youtube movies and then switched between shows.
I took some books to the library so they could let people check out my books, and then went shopping for a couple things. Steve needed me to go to the bank, and then I decided to grab a couple things, including exercise clothes. I figured if I looked good, I'd exercise ... right? It worked for the first day. I need to get better at continuing. I did run for 1/2 hour that day so that was a start, right?
That night I took Steve and Ashley to their practice and that's when I found out that Andy's practice was canceled. Thankfully he was able to practice with Ashley, but it was still sad for him. We came home and ate dinner and then Steve took Jakob to his practice.
Friday, poor Ethan was still sick and I felt pretty icky myself. I hadn't sleep well all week, so I rested on the couch with the kids. Steve had wanted to go to the temple but I didn't want to share germs, so I was going to send Jakob. They ended going to pick up pork instead. We had our pig butchered a couple weeks before.
I sat and designed book marks the whole day. I'm excited to see how they turn out when I get them ordered. Which I should do ...
Saturday I woke up late and scrambled to get ready for my book launch. Steve took Jakob to his practice and came back to help get things in the car. He dropped me off and took the kids. They got the house clean and then played with friends while I signed books.
The launch went really well! I had people come from 30 minutes away so it was very exciting for me. I had great conversations with people, and the time flew. It was crazy!
Ashley, Heidi, Gavin, and Ethan went to a birthday party and it go busy enough that Ethan and Gavin were sent home. It was sad, but they played the Wii-U so they survived.
Steve and I went to get my phone checked on. His got replaced, but mine is an anomaly. We have no idea what's wrong with it. The story of my life.
We came home to make dinner, thinking Ashley's game was at 7:15, but Steve realized it was at 6:30 so we had to take off. Ashley did really well, even though they lost. I could tell she was getting tired, but she was still right in there the whole time fighting for the ball.
After grabbing a couple things, we headed home.
While we were gone, Jakob went to a Quinceanera for a girl in our ward. He had a lot of fun and danced several times. He couldn't eat much while he was there, but he enjoyed the ham, meatballs, and one other thing.
Today was one meeting after another. I'm tired!! We taught Ashley's primary class and Steve did a great job with the lesson.
I think I need my bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment