This week was full of sick kids.
Poor Ethan wasn't any better by Monday morning, so after going to Andy's game, (he scored two goals!) I took the kids home and then headed in to Provo to take Ethan to the doctor. The poor boy had pneumonia in his lower left lung, and asthma. We have to go back in a couple weeks to see if the inhaler is helping him. They also had to dig at his ear because he had a huge ball of wax. He was in enough pain, that the doctor decided to wait until we go back in later to get it take care of. Poor boy.
We headed to Smiths to get his prescription and a treat for being such a trooper, and then back home. The kids all had Monday off so they spent it just playing.
Andy got antsy to go do something, so I sent him out on a bike ride to let out some of his energy. It helped, thankfully, and we were able to stay clam long enough for dinner.
For FHE that night, we watched 17 Miracles. It was amazing. The kids enjoyed the movie and counted up the miracles as it went. They'd heard a few of the stories from Ephraim's Rescue, but they heard of more of the miracles. I got to hear a story about one of my ancestors, the Rowley's. It was awesome!
Tuesday, Ethan still had to stay home so he could be past the 24 hours without a fever. He played on Heidi's preschool program after she was done, and just tried to stay busy so he wouldn't be so bored.
Andy and Jakob went to scouts, and Steve helped out with Family History, while I stayed home with the kids and with one of our neighbors. Steve had fun finding names for the young men and young women.
After they got home, Jakob had to admit that he had a fever, and took some ibuprofen before bedtime. He stayed home the next day and rested, hoping he could feel better for his game. The ibuprofen gave him a false sense of "Hey, I feel awesome!" and he played very hard. He scored 8 of their 16 points, but they lost 51-16. Ouch. We stayed to watch his friends play for a bit before he went home to bed.
Thursday was a busy day with school, and then practices for Andy, Ashley, and Gavin. I had to drive to Ashley's practice, drive to Andy's, go get Ashley and Steve, and then go get Andy.
On Friday, Jakob was still sick, so we finished up what Steve had to do, and left Jakob home to sleep while we did our errands. We got some irrigation boots for the kids to wear to feed the animals. We also got some straw.
After school, we went shopping and left Jakob and Ethan home to hang out and went to a few stores to get things ready for the party the next night. We were exhausted and knew we'd have to cook the next night, so we grabbed burgers and brought them home to eat.
I started the Anzac biscuits, lamingtons, and pavlova that night and edited while I wanted for them to get done. I'd hoped the pavlova would have behaved, but sadly, it still broke. It was still amazing though.
Saturday morning, we got up and got ready for Ashley and Gavin's game. The games were all late, so they went over, but I thought the kids did great. Gavin was more involved, and even got to take the ball down a few times. Ashley shot a few shots, but missed.
Next was Andy's game and they are just amazing to watch. They work well together and they scored time after time. Andy's an awesome little ball handler!!
Ethan's game was last and he did a great job. He dribbled really well and shot a few times. I was so impressed!
We went straight home and got cooking again. I made meat pies and sausage rolls while Ashley made the lamingtons, while Steve made the lamb, ginger beer, and helped where I needed him. Gaye came over around 3:30 to help put together the food and stayed for a while after.
The party was awesome!! We had about ten families in our house all at once and loved every minute of it. This is the first time we ran out of food and I was so happy! Of course I was a little sad this morning when I realized there were no leftovers, but I'm still thrilled with the turnout we had. We had the Hearns, Ducos', my parents, Gaye, Castos, Booths, Hoffmans, Fords, Lynes, and us all in one house. So awesome! The food was amazing if I say so myself. :) But seriously though, things turned out a lot better this year than it did last year. I'm not sure why.
But one thing I can say, this house was so much easier to work with. We were able to get everything much sooner than we normally do because we had more space to maneuver. We had only one oven still, but it all worked out.
I loved it!!
This morning, we hung out at home and got the kids showered and ready for church. We dropped the family off at church and I took Jakob and I to the doctor. I'm SO glad I went when I did. Every instacare was packed, and we had to wait an hour, but we got in and got seen. I did have a sinus infection, and Jakob's bronchitis was still in the viral stage, so we're working on clearing him up before he gets worse. By the time we got done, the wait time for that instacare was over two hours. The office by us was over three hours long!!
We had a wonderful dinner with potatoes and watched a couple movies with the kids before Steve and I left for a family history meeting. We had a great chat and got things organized before heading home.
Now I'm falling asleep while I'm writing, so I'm off to bed. See you next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment