Our new home

Sunday, February 1, 2015

February 1st, 2015

I almost wrote January. The month flew by!

This week, I was busy making sure I had everything I needed for FanX. AND I had to make sure that the kids had what they needed before I left.

Jakob stayed home from school on Monday, but he was doing well enough that we let him play that night. He hadn't had a fever for over 24 hours and his cough was much better. The game was INTENSE. They had a new player on their team and he helped the team win by 8 points after going into overtime. It was crazy!

The next morning, his fever came back, so I took him to the doctor. Again. We found out he had a sinus infection, something that runs in our family. yay... We went and picked up an iPad so that I could have it for FanX and then I took the kids home so we could pick up the other kiddos from school.

Our shirts got done that night, so I went to pick them up and then Steve took the boys to scouts and over to the family history center.

Wednesday morning, Heidi woke up with a cold and she kept walking around saying "I'm so slow because I don't feel good." She was content laying on the couch and watching TV. I picked out Frozen for her and then hurried over to get my hair cut.

I ordered posters for my booth and finished packing up everything so I could leave as soon as the kids were home from school. I had to wait a bit for Steve to get off the phone and then we headed out. We stopped by a couple places on our way to the salt Palace and got everything set up at our booth. It was almost time!!

That night we got back and had yummy dinner.  Steve made a pork roast and it was fantastic.  I finished another edit and headed to bed after coloring my hair with burgundy and auburn.

Thursday, we got the kids to school (well, Steve did), and I got a few things done around the house until it was time to leave. Steve and Heidi took me to the hotel and got me checked into the hotel and then headed back home for him to get back on a call (Heidi was doing much better by then).

I checked in at the booth and got everything set up and ready to go. The other authors got there as well and we started handing out bookmarks. We had a pretty good day and I sold a few books and two necklaces right off. We saw a couple famous people, and Nichole took me up to the green room for dinner. We took pictures with people (Thor, Hagrid, Spock, and several others) and talked writing. It was fun! The time passed quickly, and soon it was time to head to the hotel.

Steve kept in touch and let me know what was going on at home. Jakob had played and their poor team got creamed. Apparently shots wouldn't go in, no one passed well, and the other team was physical without fouls being called.

Since I'd already eaten, I sat in bed and got the cash, etc, settled for the day. I finally slept well in a hotel and woke prompt at 7:21 the next morning. After grabbing a couple snacks, I went over to the convention center for another day. We saw many friends that day and had more fun in the green room. I had to walk around here and there so my feet and back wouldn't get too bad.

Jakob and Nicolas showed up halfway through the day and wandered around the convention looking for fun things to do. They sat in on a few panels and walked around looking at the different stores. When we were done for the evening, I met them at Ray Park's panel(and had to take all of our bags because they'd left them) and watched the last 15 minutes or so.

We headed back to the hotel to eat dinner. I had a burger, Nicolas had a chicken sandwich, and Jakob had chicken and beans. The food was really good. We hung out and I did the money stuff (and stressed out because the signal wasn't working on my iPad) while they watched TV.

Saturday morning Steve had to get up early to get Andy and the two youngest to Andy's soccer game. He did really well in his game, and then they had to rush back to Ashley and Gavin's game. They did well, but lost. The other team was physical, and nothing was done about it. Ethan's game was after that and did pretty well.

Meanwhile, I woke up at the same time Steve did and couldn't go back to sleep, even though my body really wanted to. I got ready and made sure I had all my bags packed before heading off to get breakfast. The two restaurants in the hotel were closed, so we headed over to JBs. The kids had fun enjoying the buffet and went with a breakfast of eggs, sausage, hash browns, and toast. They headed back to the hotel for an hour, and I headed over to the convention.

Saturday was slower as far as sales go for me. I sold a couple, but that was about it. BUT I did get to meet Tom Felton and get a picture with the boys and with Katy. And I DID get to go get a picture with the tardis thanks to the awesome guy that built I also saw Studio C in the green room and talked to Stacy for a bit. And I bought souvenirs for the kids. I got a tiara, a stocking Tardis cap for Steve, T-shirt for Jakob, and bobble heads for the rest of the kids. Andy got Heimdall, Ashley got Gamora (Guardians of the Galaxy), Gavin got Rocket Raccoon (same movie), Ethan got Groot(same movie), and Heidi got Captain America.

It was a very busy, very exciting, very tiring day, and we were all ready to go home when it was done. We missed it, but we were exhausted.  I enjoyed sitting on my couch when we got home.

This morning I didn't want to get out of bed, but Andy grabbed all of my clothes to wear for church and made sure I got ready. What a good boy! And church was wonderful. The lessons were beautiful, and I'm so glad I went.

We had beef and broccoli for dinner and Steve made quark while everything else made cupcakes. Both were delicious. Now it's time for me put this poor body to bed!

No comments: