The kids didn't have school the next day because of President's Day. Ashley did have a soccer game that day, and she was awesome! She played goalie and she was able to stop every ball that came near her. It was amazing. The ref dubbed her Octopus Arms because Ashley was just everywhere. Sadly, they still lost 3-7.
Ethan also had a game and his team won 10-3. They have a tough little team. Ethan is getting better all the time, so I'm really happy we put him on a team.
We went home afterward so I could get books formatted and ready to print. For dinner we went to Chick-Fil-A for our grade school. I liked it because that meant I didn't have to cook, and the kids liked it because they like the food. Afterward we watched Back to the Future. The kids loved it and begged to let us watch the second one the next night.
Tuesday the kids went back to school and Jakob tried school for the first time. He made it a few hours before I had to pick him up because of headaches. He went to scouts that night and one of the leaders made him dance. It made him worse, and caused headaches, dizziness, and emotional stress. It was maddening and heartbreaking at the same time.
Wednesday I took Jakob and Heidi to the doctor for a checkup for Jakob. We were able to do Heidi's shots so she could have them for kindergarten registration the next day. Dr. Lauret banned Jakob from everything again until he could get better. He wrote a note telling his teachers to let him out whenever needed. It was hugely helpful!
We grabbed dinner for the kids and then went home and watched the second Back to the Future. The kids thought it was hilarious that the movie thought we'd have hover boards and other cool things. If only, right?
Thursday I took Jakob to school and talked to a principal and his orchestra teacher to let them know what was going on. The teachers were awesome. Seriously. I've been so happy with how well they've treated him. They knew what he needed before he'd admit it himself.
Confident that he was getting the help he needed, Heidi and I left and headed for her school. To register my baby girl for kindergarten. *sniff* She was ecstatic, and I'm excited for her ... it's just that she's my baby. She grew up too fast!
Andy had a soccer game that night. He played hard, but they lost because the ref didn't call two goals. EVERYONE saw them go in, but he said he didn't see them so they didn't count. Seriously.
Here's the cool thing about that day though. It was supposed to be insane. I had a basketball game and two practices, followed by a soccer game and my arts council meeting. That morning the meeting was canceled. Next, the ride for Andy was canceled. Then Ashley and Gavin's ride canceled for their practice, and Andy's was also canceled. Jakob wasn't allowed to go to his game. So instead of five things, I ended up with only one. I know I'm watched out for all the time, but it seems like the Lord knows I especially need it when Steve is gone, and makes things just a little easier on me. I was very, very thankful for that.
That night I was up really late getting edits and formatting done for book 2. I had to get to bed quickly though so I could be okay for the airport the next night.
After running all over the place for the kids, I took Heidi to her ballet class for the first time. Jenna came with me so we could talk books. She helped with my cover while I worked on formatting my novella. Heidi did a great job with her class, and was so excited to go back the next week.
I got back from there and made pancakes for the kids and sent them off to bed. Around 10:45 I decided to take a quick nap so I could drive to pick up Steve. That quick nap ended being an hour and a half, and I woke up to the text saying Steve had landed! Oops!! I flew out of the house and drove to get him. It didn't help that it was rain/snowing on the way there.
We got back safely and got to bed so we could make it to basketball games the next day.
It was INSANE. We had pictures on top of basketball, so we had to drive all over to get it done. Ethan played well in his game and while I waited for him to get his pictures done, Steve went to pick up Andy and Jakob. He dropped Andy off, and then brought Jakob out to get his pictures done where Ethan and I were. After that, he dropped me off at Andy's game, took Jakob home, and took Ashley and Gavin to their game.
Andy did awesome in his game. I love watching their team play because they work well together. They lost because they couldn't get the shot in, and the other team hit everything. A lot of fouling was going on which I wasn't happy about, but it was still fun to watch.
Andy and Ethan both had soccer games that day and they both did very well. We took Ethan to get ice cream after his game because he worked so hard and won. And because Steve and I wanted smoothies ...
Jakob had his board of review at the Isaacsons the next morning so he could get his 1st and 2nd class for scouts. He was very happy to get to this point. He's been waiting for a couple years!
I taught Sunday School that day and loved it. Poor Steve caught a cold while he was in Florida and after two days he lost his voice, so he wasn't able to help with teaching. Poor guy! I taught the basics of indexing from the beginning and I really hope it helped those that were in there.
Afterward, we had a ward service committee that consisted of Steve, me, and one other person. Hopefully we get more attendance at the next one!
No comments:
Post a Comment