Our new home

Sunday, February 8, 2015

February 8th 2015

Whoops. I missed a whole month. February was crazy busy!

The groundhog saw his shadow, promising another 6 weeks of winter. We all laughed when we heard, considering we'd had no winter before that. Ironically, that's exactly what's happening. We've had more snow in the last week than we did all winter. Anyway, back to the 2nd.

Jakob had a game that night and it was really frustrating. Fouls were abundant, but they weren't being called. The coach couldn't say anything without getting in trouble. And it was awful. Sometimes it's really really really hard to keep your mouth shut....

Much of my week was spent trying to get my books edited and formatted. I had never done it before, so it was a pretty big learning curve. During the day I would edit, and at night, I'd steal Steve's computer to format. The kids were busy with school and playing with friends. The weather was nice that week so they played basketball outside until it got dark.

On the 4th, we had several things happen throughout the day. Gavin had a field trip, and we had parent teacher conferences for the younger kids.

Ethan is doing very well, but he gets too shy to speak Chinese with his class (Not surprising since he won't speak Chinese to us either). I know he knows it, because he points things out to me.

Gavin is doing well, but forgets to turn in his homework. He still has As in all his subjects, and he's a great friend to everyone in his class. We just have to work on the homework part. :)

Ashley is above and beyond in everything in school. She did get a lower grade on a math test, but only because she rushed through. She was pulled down in the math groups, but got a 100% on the next test so she was moved back up. She's a great helper to the teacher, which I'm thrilled to hear.

Andy's meeting was the next day. He's doing well. He also has a homework problem, but he's doing great in class. His teacher was happy to show me how well Andy is progressing in writing and comprehension. I was thrilled.

We had to rush from Andy's meeting to Orem to FINALLY close on our house refinancing. They were really nice and even served us cookies. We had to keep watching the time because Jakob had a game. Jakob played well, but again, the reffing was horrible. Maybe I should just ref myself ...

Friday morning we dropped the kids off at school and Steve took me to the airport with two suitcases and a backpack. We got there just in time to get me on the train to Ogden. I was headed to a boutique in Ogden. The train ride was nice and quiet. I was able to read for a while, and had got a few compliments on my awesome pink boots. While I waited in Salt Lake for the next train, I bought my very first set of isbn numbers (for self-publishing instead of others publishing my books) and assigned them to my books.

Wendy picked me up in Ogden and we headed over to set up for the boutique. It was ... slow. As far as sales at least. We had a lot of fun talking to people and hanging out with fellow authors. Plus we got free refills on our drinks, so that was pretty awesome. Afterward, I went to Wendy's and worked on formatting until really, really, really late.

After sleeping for a couple hours, I got up and kept formatting. I kept having things mess up, but finally got it to upload. We headed back to the boutique for another day. I got a cute little jacket for Heidi's birthday, and sold a few books. It was a lot of fun. At the end, the lady in the aisle across from us (who made a killing on clips)gave me a huge Tupperware bowl. She sold both clips and tupperware. She had been eyeing our Atlantis series the whole time and wanted to do a trade, but we couldn't do it because of how our set is put together. So as a trade, I gave her my Atlantis book, and we both walked away happy.

Juli drove me to the station in Clearfield and we had a good chat on the way. I got there just in time to grab a ticket and jump on the station. The train had a lot more people on this time and it was interesting. It's the perfect place for people watching!

I was happy to get home in time for dinner that night and spend time with family.


No comments: