Our new home

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Summer's done?!

Summer was crazy but we had a lot of fun with everything we were able to do.

We went to Thanksgiving Point many times for their family night activities. We got to have jell-o fights, paint with bubbles, run from dementors, see dinosaurs, go on a pony ride and many other things! The kids had a blast and we had a blast right along with them!! They had pudding eating contests, and we got to enjoy the beauty of the Gardens.









Steve, Ashley, Ethan and I went to the Stadium of Fire as stated in one of the other posts (I think). We had a lot of fun. Ashley got to see Miley Cyrus and she was so excited!! She enjoyed the fireworks and the music and didn't complain once!!! Ethan slept through most of the show and only woke up to eat once. He even slept through the fireworks. It was so great to see all the celebrations for our country's independence. And to see the soldiers and the families of the soldiers that were there watching along with us. I felt great pride in our country!

We also go to celebrate a few birthdays and Ethan's baby blessing! Along with the two reunions I talked about, we also enjoyed having Steve's brother and family stay with us for a few days. We hadn't seen them for a few years so it was great to see them again. Ashley was in heaven playing with her cousin because she finally got to play with a girl (just a small tidbit... we have lots of girl cousins her age on my side too but it wasn't until recently
that she actually WANTED to do girl stuff...)! We took the girls shopping while Steve and his brother worked on our never-ending project of finishing the downstairs bathroom.
The last day they were here, we got to go hunting for geodes 2 hours west of us. It was quite a drive on dirt roads but well worth it as the kids and adults ran around looking for rocks that could possibly be geodes.
You'd think with having 16 of us in our home(9 of them, 7 of us), it would feel full but we all enjoyed every minutes of it and it didn't seem crowded at all!! We can't wait to see them again at Christmas!!





So I guess I'm okay with summer being done. Onto the next big adventure of two kids in school... I'm not sure I'm ready for my little Andy to go to school but ready or not, there he goes!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Did they find any geodes? I never thought to look for them. How cool!

I also never thought of a jello fight - awesome! I remember a long time ago my sister told me it would be cool to go swimming in jello...