Our new home

Sunday, October 12, 2008

ARGH!

So today I was giving my two year old a bath and happened to look in the mirror and found something that I dreaded.... Yes, it was a gray hair. I found it, cried, yelled, and pulled it out. And then kept it until I could show Steve. Now, that normally would be just a few minutes but first I had to redress Ashley(she was wearing a dress she would have frozen in), help Andy with his pants and suit collar and then make Ethan happy. Yes, while holding the hair. So then I finally got to show Steve and he waved it away and decided it was nothing. I told him of course he wouldn't care, as he's 4 years older than me. He corrected me that he's only 3 years older than me. Either way he didn't seem to find it anywhere near as traumatic as I did....

Now some may not think its a big deal getting older, but as the shirt I got my brother-in-law says, "growing old makes me sad." I still remember my uncle turning 30 and now all the sudden here I am at that age! It went fast but its been a fun ride. And I can't wait for each new adventure - even if it brings with another gray hair....

4 comments:

David and Melissa said...

Oh... to still have hair... I wonder what it will be like to be thirty...

Kristen said...

Haha, my sister is SO OLD!!! =o) That sounds like a fun t-shirt, I wish we had one like that. Ha!

I love your new background, and you got the bloglist to work! I like how my title is "Blogger: Login to" or something like that. =o)

Kristen said...

Ah, "Blogger, Log in to read" That's me! What happened to your awesome sister?

Father Steve said...

I waved it away because I had shaving cream all over my mouth.. how am I supposed to talk and not get shaving cream in my mouth? That would taste nasty.