Our new home

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Wonderful News!

I decided to call the company that was printed on the pen to see what they would suggest. The lady groaned when she heard the story - which generally isn't a good sign!!! She had to hang up and call back later and told me that NOTHING will take it off. Alcohol is what takes it off skin (So Stephanie wins there!!!) but she said I might not want to put that on walls.... After all the other stuff I tried I'm not sure I want to!!! Soooo, the best thing for us to do is get the primer that will not allow grease or pen or marker to bleed through it so we can paint over it. I had a few people suggest the painting over....

The most suggested thing however is the Magic Eraser. After obliterating one eraser on the wall it still looks about the same as when I started!!! It took off the brighter stuff but until I can repaint, we have a nice purple line on our walls. GOOD ONE GAVIN!!! And good one Mom for not noticing when he went running off with the pen!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Why not try alcohol? YOu've already done enough to the wall, it can't hurt it anymore, especially since you'll paint anyway if you can't get it off. If you're worried about cross reactions, just wash it really well with water first. Should remove any residues. Also, I still think fingernail polish remover might be the key. Oh, and Seth got this little piggy bank that you color on with permanent markers that came with it, and the oddest thing was that it was permanent after a minute UNLESS you colored over it with fresh marker and then it would rub off if done quickly. Kinda like my permanent lipstick. Worth a try on a tiny spot.

Did you try anything on the tile? That's sooooo frustrating!