Our new home

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Contest

Today I was typing away at my computer and had just started on my next project of fixing the sleeves for my Halloween costume, when Ashley came running in to tell me that Gavin had drawn all over the wall and the kitchen. As she was saying this I was praying she wouldn't say couch...

So I ran in there to find that he had used a purple skinmarker (don't ask) and it was on the wall and linoleum. NOTHING I've tried has worked!! SO I decided to have a little contest. I would like suggestions on how to get it off. Whoever's idea actually works will win a homemade cheesecake from me. Just so you know, I've tried Comet, a sponge, Orange Clean, and that Green Advanage stuff they sell door to door. So good luck and may the winner eat cheesecake!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I actually like the dynamite idea!

But, aside from blowing your house up, I'd say you have about 4 options:

1. Daniel claims alcohol gets permanent marker off glass, so maybe it will work on walls. If straight alcohol doesn't get it, try hairspray or finger nail polish remover.

2. Magic Eraser. Made by Mister Clean in the cleaning isles, or by a generic maker at the Dollar Tree. Worked great on many things, and at the Dollar store you're only out a buck if it doesn't work. (I think they're 2-4 dollars at other stores.)

3. This funny rubber eraser thing I just found at Big Lots in the cleaning section. No idea if it would work, but it was only a buck.

4. If all else fails, PAINT IT OUT! If you don't have left over paint in that color, pull up your baseboard and bring it into the hardware store to match it.

GOOD LUCK!

Montana at the Helm said...

Oh my! That is quite the art job. I have heard a lot of good things about the Magic Eraser that Stephanie mentioned.