Our new home

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Halloween

We did all kinds of fun things this year for Halloween. We skipped Steve's work Halloween party as I figured something bad might happen to his boss if I were to enter into that building. But that's a whole different story we won't get into!

We woke up and dyed Andy's hair green with kool-aid. Don't worry, it was out by Sunday. Or at least it was a fluorescent yellow instead of green... We got everyone else ready, took a picture and headed for school.
Aren't we cute! Steve was taking the picture... He was Space Ghost for the night

Here's my dear Stitch - I mean Jakob. It was a looooong parade but it was fun to see all the different costumes.

No, that's not moldy mac and cheese. But it is dyed mac and cheese! I put some blue food coloring in and had yummy "brains" for lunch. The kids giggled and then ate it all up!


Here are our pumpkins... mabye we should have taken the picture inside first...

We were going to go to the Trunk or Treat but I was making last minute touches for each of the costumes. Steve's belt needed fixed, Ashley and I needed headbands, etc. So we got there when there were only four people left. Steve went trick-or-treating with the boys down a couple streets before coming home so I could take them the rest of the way. My kids were AWESOME! Ethan stayed home with Daddy and helped with candy. I took my kids down several blocks and got TONS of candy. We're talking a gallon ziploc bag for each of them - plus an overflow bag for Steve and I to share! It was rainy but warm so we had a lot of fun!!


After a rather disastrous church volleyball tournament, I wanted to blow off some steam. And what better way to do that than go - to a volleyball game...? We went to Provo for a trick-or-treat with Cosmo. It was so much fun! We met athletes from every sport(except football since they were playing at the time in Colorado...) and the kids got to do different activities. Gavin and Ashley were waiting in line to play tennis.

Andy threw the ball and hit the cups every time! This was with the Men's baseball team. They were pretty impressed!


Jakob and many of the other kids were enjoying watching Cosmo (aka Batman) shoot some hoops!

Andy's trying his hand at tennis.

Ashley enjoyed attempting to bounce the ball on the tennis racquet. She had a harder time but the guy was very patient with her.


Jakob hit the ball as hard as he could at the net. It went really high before coming down!

Between the trick or treating and game we decided to go to dinner. We went to the Brick Oven(a rule if you're going to a volleyball game at BYU I think...) and enjoyed yummy pizza. There was a balloon guy there that made amazing balloons figures! Ashley got a pink elephant with purple husks, Andy got a two sided light saber(Darth Maul's), Jakob got a monkey and Gavin got a twisty sword. He wanted a pink parrot... I said no!

And to end our Halloween weekend, here is the Volleyball game. Unfortunately, they lost to New Mexico but it was still a really fun game to watch. The kids had fun climbing the chairs and watching the scoreboard make funny pictures. And using the restroom about 3 times each. Next time maybe we won't get them refills at dinner... Steve and I enjoyed some good volleyball - well, except that they lost... If you look closely, you'll see that Cosmo is riding a unicycle in the picture... He did all kinds of fun things. Gavin kept calling him Baby Jaguar(from Diego) and at one point when he couldn't see him, he announced that Baby Jaguar is going to the potty.... What a great Halloween week we had! And now we're zooming ahead to a great Thanksgiving...


3 comments:

Montana at the Helm said...

Wow! You had a full Halloween. I loved your Halloween themed meal. That was awesome!

Kristen said...

I always forget to comment since I get your posts by email.

I love your new background! I'd even steal it, but... that would be stealing. =o)

Your costumes turned out so great. I love all the work that you put into them. I'm sure your kids appreciate it too. You're a dedicated trick-or-treater and mom!

Kristen said...

Uh oh, I'm getting REALLY tempted to steal it anyway. =o)