This year we got to brave the weather and head to Idaho. After both of my sisters had to fight the snowdrifts to get home only 2 days before we headed there, I was a little worried. But the day we left was GORGEOUS and the roads were dry except for a few wetter areas. But no ice or snow drifts! 

We had a fun time playing at my sister's house the morning of New Year's Eve. The kids played, we talked and then refereed when it was needed.
This is my Aunt Jennie. I had the opportunity to go up and visit my Grandma and visit with her and Jennie for an hour or so. I was fun to see them. I got to help make dinner and wash the dishes, etc for her. That may seem silly that I was so excited but 1. I have ALWAYS loved doing dishes at my Grandma's house for her and 2. It brought back so many memories because she has the same dishes and cups that she did when I was a little girl! Everything was in the same place and it was fun to help out.
After that, we headed off to my brother's house for New Years Eve. We had LOTS of food and fun. Everything was so good and it was nice to relax and hang out with my brother and sister and their families and let the kids play. Ethan fell asleep around 9:00 and didn't wake up until I took him home at 12:30!! It was nice that he could sleep so well. Even with 15 or so cousins running around. :)
I was sad when it ended and it was time to leave because we enjoyed our time there. We had a yummy New Years Day dinner with the family and helped my mom and dad take down their Christmas decorations(first time in 9 years I've been there to put them up and take them down in the same year!). We watched No Reservations which my dad was a good little chick flick. :) Not sure what that meant but hey, it was!
We were going to leave a little later on Friday or possibly Saturday but my dad saw the nastiness of the storm headed our way and told us to take off. We quickly packed and headed out. These pictures were taken on a highway we used instead of going over Sweetzer(5600 ft or so). It was raining like mad where we were but would have been nasty going up and over! The clouds and snow were so pretty and I loved the drive! Except for the nice potholes at the beginning... but we got over those and enjoyed the rest of the trip.
1 comment:
Thats awesome you have a blog. I had no idea. Well now I have it and can see what your up to thanks!
Post a Comment