So it started out as a cool picture from Thanksgiving Point I'd taken during the summer:
I decided that the whole thing might be a little hard with water colors so I decided to cut out the hills and the sky, etc and just concentrate on the stream which was my favorite part... Well, after learning how to REALLY watercolor(gotta love the internet), I managed to get the grass to look okay and the water to look like water... but I still didn't have it right and by that time it was rather late.
It must have still looked okay because Andy asked if I'd won it in a contest...
Anyway so on to tonight. I decided that I WAS going to make the rocks and trees look right. The painting had other things in mind however. I decided there was just too much green and not enough anything else so I pulled a Bob Ross and added some "happy little trees". Those were fun! I've decided we're destined to live in the woods somewhere because Jakob and I for some reason both love to draw and paint pictures of the mountains and forests. Anyway, after all that babbling, here is my finished project - until I decide I want to add something else. Oh and those brown things are a rabbit and a squirrel. The deer died a painful death in a nice white blur now considered a green bush(which covered the white blur). :)
3 comments:
Very cool. It is so great to do something just for you.
That is amazing. You must be so happy to put the brush to canvas. I love artwork that is done out of love and not necessarily for sale. I have some beautiful pieces in my home done by ordinary people and not professional "artists" that make me very happy to look at. I am so thrilled for you.
Way to go! That is awesome that you can pick that up so quickly. Enjoy the new hobby. -M
Post a Comment