Our new home

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ashley's new 'do

You'd think after flour on my floor, marker on my walls(and now carpet) and many other things, I'd remember to be careful where I set things...

Last Wednesday we were getting ready to cut my boys' hair and trim Ashley's. I got the hair cutting kit down and set the scissors next to it before running in my bathroom to grab a comb. The two bathrooms are about 20 feet away from each other.... maybe less.

I came back and noticed a lock of hair laying on the toilet seat. Oh MAN! I could deal with that. Not too bad - until I started combing through her hair to get ready to trim.... and more and more and more hair was coming off! We're talking a good 3 inches of hair! I decided just to trim and see what I could do with it later.

Well, when I got my hair cut a few days later, I had my hairdresser look at her hair to see what could be done... not much! So we decided to do a little bob and it turned out SO CUTE!! It fits her well. She was excited for the first few hours but that night she asked if she could have her long hair back... Nope, sorry Ashley! Gotta wait for it to grow back! I wish I'd gotten pictures of the hair she'd cut but oh well. We have the after photo at least. Best part? While I was trying to fix her hair, Gavin grabbed the scissors and tried to cut his hair! Luckily it was right in front of me so I could stop it. Ah, kids...

4 comments:

Montana at the Helm said...

It seems that it is a must as a parent to have a child cut their hair. And children universally seem to a have fascination with hair and scissors. Funny kids!

It does look cute on her though!

bizzymomma said...

The end result is adorable.

jaclyn weist said...

Thanks! I can't really even remember her with long hair - weird. It just fits her. Now she thinks it makes her look like Dora - which makes her like it. :)

Kristen said...

OH... I loved her long whispy curls! I remember what it was like! But I guess they'll grow back. And this new look is definitely cute on her. Keep smiling Ashley!